Dateline: 8 November 2004. In a few days time we will proudly launch our upgraded Web site and with it the first daily online newspaper for the life sciences,
As you'd expect from your favorite newspaper,
• Breaking news. Our extensive network of contributors throughout the world will continue to provide you with thorough reportage on the important issues facing the life sciences.
• Highlights from the research literature. We select from a wide range of life science journals and bring crystal clear explanations of breakthrough studies plus expert comment on their significance and implications. (
• Research features. Our articles synthesize recent advances across the spectrum of the life sciences in a readable and lively fashion, keeping you abreast of all the latest results and trends.
• Technology overviews. We explain key technologies in articles that help you gain deeper understanding of what is increasingly a technology-driven science. We spotlight the latest developments so that you can harness them in your research.
• Business coverage. We take a hard look at how today's research is being turned into tomorrow's products, services, and treatments.
• Opinion and Vision articles from thought leaders at the bench and in the boardroom.
We promise not to drown you in content: Each day five to six items will be selected and commissioned by our in-house editors. This is not an aggregation service that regurgitates information from other sources or provides links to a password-protected site. You sign up for
Personal subscriptions will cost $24.95 per year, and reasonably priced institutional access is also available. This will provide full access to all 18 years' worth of content from the print magazine as well as other services to be introduced soon. See
As ever, I would be delighted to hear your thoughts and comments on our new services.
Richard Gallagher, Editor