March 2018 TS Crossword
Try your hand at a sciency brain teaser.
Note: The answer grid will include every letter of the alphabet.BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHVON
1. Volcanic glass full of cavities
4. Otological passages
8. Pisan who championed heliocentrism
10. Grassy South American plain
11. Unit of weight; snow leopard
12. Brand-new brant, perhaps
13. Site of the medulla oblongata (2 words)
17. Type of baleen whale like the humpback or minke
19. Word after Canis or Ursa
21. Target of a chemical “seeding”
22. Like the dodo, the moa, and Homo floresiensis
23. White of the eye
24. Straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies
1. Dove’s city cousin
2. Fruit in the genus Cucumis
3. Volcanologist’s depression?
5. Cartology project
6. Reappearance of a lost trait
7. Pore thing?
9. Cellular subunit such as a mitochondrion
13. Rodent hunter on a farm (2 words)
14. Fodder grass that’s also a man’s name
15. Evidence of a dinosaur’s passing
16. Made of small air bubbles, as foam
18. Calf’s feeding station
20. Female donkey
Click here for answer key.