His decision came as an investigation into sexual harassment allegations against him was ongoing.
Take a break from the bench to puzzle and peruse.
June 1, 2018|
—Rush Holt, CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, in a statement released in response to revelations that President Donald Trump’s administration is considering barring Chinese citizens from participating in what The New York Times termed “sensitive research” at American institutions (May 1)
—South Korean researcher Ryo In-Chang, a geologist at Kyungpook National University in Daegu, voicing hopes that the newly thawed relations between North and South Korea might encourage scientific collaboration across the border (Science, May 1)
7. Lacking the normal pigmentation
8. SETI targets
9. Flying class?
10. Objects of study for Pasteur
11. Biological ranks just above
12. Electricity pioneer Tesla
14. 12-Across, with respect to
a coil or car
17. That life evolves, to Darwin
19. Legume often called a bean
21. Great white features
22. Ectotherm with a retractile neck
23. Phenomenon caused
by charged solar particles
1. Trifoliate nectar source for bees
2. “The faster you go, the shorter
you are” theorist
3 PBS science series; worldly
4. High-speed raptor
5. Farewell to Fermi or Volta
6. Fictional, like unicorns or jackalopes
13. Patellar reflex, in common parlance
15. Film about teeth?
16. “The Father of Genetics”
17. Cavity housing the heart
18. Like a centripetal force
20. Chiroptera members