The Scientist Comment Policy
Thanks for reading The Scientist. We welcome your thoughts—supportive, dissenting, critical, or otherwise—on the content we produce. Here are a few ground rules.
1) Comments posted to www.the-scientist.com or www.facebook.com/TheScientistMagazine are not moderated before posting, but will be moderated by a member of The Scientist editorial staff soon after they appear online. Comments will be removed from the site immediately by The Scientist editorial staff if the content:
- is offensive
- is abusive
- is libelous
- contains ad hominem attacks
- contains spam, including links to commercial websites
- is off-topic or excessively long
- promotes hate of any kind
- contains excessive profanity
2) Comments will not be removed by anyone other than the editorial staff of The Scientist. Readers or other interested parties may alert the staff to a potential problem with a particular comment, but the final decision to remove that comment will be made by The Scientist editorial staff.
3) The Scientist reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. The Scientist also has the right to block access to any individual or group from commenting on our site(s).
4) The Scientist considers comments to be part of the public record and as such will only remove or edit a comment if its content is judged to merit removal based on the criteria outlined above.
5) All comments posted to www.the-scientist.com or www.facebook.com/TheScientistMagazine are the responsibility of the commenter, not The Scientist, site administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on our sites, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold www.the-scientist.com and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.