BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHVON
1. Student of optometry?
4. Movement through a membrane
8. Stinky mammal not really a feline
9. When a kiwi flies
10. Trees with some slippery members
11. Cyclotron inventor Ernest for whom element
#103 is named
13. Firefly collection unit for a kid
14. Home tweet home?
17. See 13-Down
19. Viper’s and vampire’s point in common?
22. Flower cluster looking like a parasol
23. Underground rootstalk
24. Synthetic fiber a.k.a. Lycra
25. Palindromic craft of Inuit and Yupik
1. Cocoon dwellers
2. Observatory operated by Caltech
3. What Scots call an inlet
4. Involving bones or skeletons
5. Growth in a brackish “swamp”
6. Number of human cervical vertebrae
7. Procedure once performed by barbers
12. Weasel, marten, mink, or wolverine
13. With 17-Across, marine explorer and pioneer of the Aqua-Lung (2 words)
15. Study of the structure of organisms and their parts
16. Array of numbers, as in a grid
18. Celestial shadow
20. Language of origin of “pterodactyl”
21. Hue of a salmon, often
Click here for answer key.