BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHVON
ACROSS7. Largest member of the oceanic dolphin family8. Nitrogenous substance once thought to cause food poisoning9. An organ’s outer layer: Latin for “tree bark”10. Sound from a chinchilla, mouse, or guinea pig11. Folkloric shapeshifter or lycanthrope13. Producer of hips15. Bioluminescence17. Allergic rhinitis (2 words)19. Controlled substance with a morphine-like effect21. Alloy of tin and copper22. Barrier breached by osmosis (2 words)23. Location of the metacarpals
DOWN1. Living high, like lemurs and sloths
2. Layer between a planet’s core and crust
3. Kind of predator 7 Across or 5 Down represents
4. Musca domestica
5. Cat spotted in rainforests
6. Andean speaker of Quechua
12. Connected with snakes
14. Symptom of 17 Across
16. Descriptor of an ancient mammoth
18. Geologic spans...
20. Exfoliation treatment in a spa
21. Having no hair apparent?