Note: The answer grid will contain every letter of the alphabet.
Emily Cox and henry rathvon
7. Phycologist’s specimen
8. What Carl Linnaeus is called
the “father” of
9. Highest point on the celestial sphere
10. Potential site of mammoth fossils
11. Like Mendeleev’s table
13. Bird giving New Zealanders
15. Branch of a feather’s main shaft
17. Flowers in the genus Narcissus
19. Nobelist with a namesake constant
21. Loosestrife hue
22. Body aiding coagulation
23. What balloonfish may do in
1. Succulent plant used in lotions (2 wds.)
2. Island home to the Papenoo River
and the Fautaua Waterfall
4. Hormone associated with empathy
5. Inuit garment made of caribou skin
6. Prefix on science
12. Storied case of dissociative...
Interested in reading more?
The Scientist ARCHIVES
Become a Member of
Receive full access to more than 35 years of archives, as well as TS Digest, digital editions of The Scientist, feature stories, and much more!
Already a member?