BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHVON
1. Nostril in the top of 1-Down’s head
5. Parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme
9. Opposite of general, to anesthesiologists
10. Red plant stalk, or donnybrook
11. Anatomical source of ill humor?
12. Douglas Hofstadter’s ___, Escher, Bach
14. Exam on which a normal score is about 100 (2 wds.)
16. Falcon, or sorcerer of legend
19. “Bear” that’s actually a marsupial
21. Casabas, e.g.
24. A vein in the neck
25. Exhibiting foliage
26. Neighbor of the radius
27. Larynx, colloquially (2 wds.)
1. Male whale
2. Back of the head or skull
3. Double’s antithesis
4. Konrad who pioneered ethology
6. Antelope with spirally twisted horns
7. Songbird classified...
Interested in reading more?
The Scientist ARCHIVES
Become a Member of
Receive full access to more than 35 years of archives, as well as TS Digest, digital editions of The Scientist, feature stories, and much more!
Already a member?