Let me organize my thoughts in terms of four slogans, each of which is aimed at sowing doubt about one of the myths supporting the unique value of elementary particle physics.
- Science can be fundamental without being irrelevant.
- Money is important, but manpower and education are more so, and money affects these.
- The term "spinoff" should be erased from the language.
- The golden eggs are very seldom produced by the golden geese.
1. The first slide in many general talks given by my colleagues in high-energy...