Tip Trove | Looking to Study Bioterrorism?
Courtesy of John Noble
- The earlier you know that your focus will be on the policy of bioterrorism or the science of it, the better.
- Networking is key in this field. Many policy-focused schools allow access and exposure to the people who are studying terrorism.
- In this economy, the government is one of the few employers that is hiring.
- Speak to a military recruiter. Many military people have spoken to me about the positive experience and training they receive.
- Consider working for a congressman or a committee on Capitol Hill. Each congressman needs someone to be working on this issue.
--John Noble, Director of career services at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Training @ | Swimming in Science in San Diego
WHAT: Glycobiology in Biotechnology: Fundamentals for Carbohydrate Method Development
WHERE: San Diego, Calif.
WHY: Glycoproteins are now...
Interested in reading more?
Become a Member of
Receive full access to digital editions of The Scientist, as well as TS Digest, feature stories, more than 35 years of archives, and much more!
Already a member?