Click the puzzle for a full-size, interactive version.
Note: The answer grid will include every letter of the alphabet.
BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHvON
This is going to be imprinted on the personality of our nation for a very long time.
—Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, speaking with CNN’s Sanjay Gupta about the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the psyches of his daughters and other Americans (April 1)
Our memory is a more perfect world than the universe: it gives back life to those who no longer exist.
—Author Guy de Maupassant in his 1880 short story “Suicides”
7. Attribute notable in elephants
8. Sub-Saharan vector of trypanosomes
9. Like the heart of a fish (hyph.)
10. Member of a civilization that revered coca
11. Butterfly named for King Ahab’s wife
13. Aquatic mammal’s forelimb
14. Nickname of an australopithecine female
16. Dominance hierarchy (2 wds.)
19. Where to find the sacrum and coccyx
20. One sort of xerophyte
1. Physicist who wrote Opticks
2. Volcano of Ecuador
3. Unscientific belief
4. Maker of an aerosol
5. Good name for a 23andMe analyst?
6. All about bones
11. Type of anemone or beetle
12. Gastrointestinal tube (2 wds.)
13. Antenna or tentacle, at times
15. Head of a valley shaped like an amphitheater
17. Ceremonial room for Pueblo people
18. A single time, without replication