Click the puzzle for a full-size, interactive version.
Note: The answer grid will include every letter of the alphabet.
BY EMILY COX AND HENRY RATHvON
This is all beyond stupid. Putin doesn’t have a vaccine, he’s just making a political statement.
—John Moore, a virologist at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City, expressing doubt about Russia’s recently announced approval of a COVID-19 vaccine without a Phase 3 clinical trial or any scientific publications on the results of early-stage human studies (The New York Times, August 11)
Right now, science is being discredited and we have alternative “facts,” including around treatments and what you need to do, so bringing science to Congress is important to maintain science and facts.
—Social epidemiologist Natalia Linos, executive director of Harvard’s François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights, talking to the Greek newspaper Kathimerini about her run for Congress in Massachusetts’s Fourth Congressional District in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic (August 11)
6. Latin for “rainstorm” or “storm cloud”
8. Circular sea formations studied by Darwin
9. Rate of flow per unit area
10. Gear for underwater exploration
11. Thalassic deity
13. Piscatorial equipment
15. Heron relatives in reeds and marshes
17. Midpoint between high and low water (2 wds.)
18. Sea on one side of the Crimean Peninsula
20. Aggregate of cells studied in histology
21. Depression over an oceanic subduction zone
1. Organ of respiration
2. Block, Easter, or Christmas
3. What Titan and Rhea orbit
4. Aquatic invertebrate with tentacles, such as 7-Down
5. Floating collection of algae and protozoa
7. Squarish cnidarian such as a sea wasp (2 wds.)
12. Like Ralph Vaughan Williams’s Riders to the Sea
15. Like a hook with a nightcrawler on it
16. Verne’s __ Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
19. Predator in black and white