The Image Bank/Jim Doberma
1. New York City is too expensive a place to live.
2. There aren't enough life scientists in New York.
3. There's not enough commercial lab space.
4. Any available lab space is too expensive.
5. There's too much crime.
6. New Yorkers are rude.
7. It's challenging starting a biotech company in the city.
8. New York's schools make it a bad place to raise a family.
9. New York is too competitive, and the institutions don't collaborate.
10. Getting building permits in New York can be a hassle.
1. New York City is too expensive a place to live. FALSE. It's true that the cost of living in the borough of Manhattan is the country's highest, at 2.15 times the national average, according to community research nonprofit ACCRA. However, the city has four other boroughs, where most of its residents live....