Micromanimpulators, long a mainstay in neurophysiology laboratories, are finding applications in fields outside of neurobiology. Both microinjection and microscopic imaging applications provide other demanding uses of these instruments. Sutter Instruments' latest addition to its line of instruments, the motorized MicroManipulator MP-285, has been engineered to provide precise and reproducible positioning, suitable for even the most exacting applications.
Motorized Micromanipulator MP-285
- Submicron resolution that can be used either in coarse range, down to 0.2 microns, or in fine range, which can go down to 0.04 microns once movement has been initiated.
- A large travel area--one inch in each of three axes--unsurpassed by any other motorized manipulator.
- Stability--the stepping motor-based drive system used in the MP-285 provides drift-free positioning.
- Robotic capabilities that allow for programmable positioning.
- Secure mounting of any head stage or pipette holder.