Moving beyond its roots of merely sequencing the peptides of proteins, modern proteomics uses advanced technology to understand how structure, conformation, and post-translational modifications influence the protein's role within biological systems.
Thanks to advancements in mass spectrometry and chromatography, researchers are able to fully sequence proteins and receive complete characterization for both small and large molecules.
Download this eBook from The Scientist to find out more about:
• Multiplexing with Tandem Mass Tags
• Glycomics and Glycoproteomics
• Protein-Protein Crosslinking
• Top-Down and Middle-Down Proteomics
• Ultraviolet Photodissociation and Ultra-High Resolution Mass Spectrometry
This free eBook was made possible by an educational grant from Thermo Fisher Scientific.