A sampling of how you can use caBIG
Biobanking management with caTissue
- Access a library of well characterized, clinically annotated biospecimens.
- Use the tool to keep an inventory of a user’s own samples.
- Track the storage, distribution, and quality assurance of specimens.
- The caIntegrator – Combines proteomics, gene expression, and other basic research data with clinical trial results.
- The caArray – A repository of microarray data, which allows users to submit and annotate their data.
- The geWorkbench – Allows integration of gene mircoarray data from multiple manufacturers and permits analysis and visualization of that data.
Clinical trial software bundle
- Track clinical trial registrations.
- Facilitate automatic capture of clinical laboratory data.
- Manage reports describing adverse events during clinical trials.
- Includes The National Cancer Imaging Archive, a repository for medical images including CAT scans and MRIs.
- Quantitative assessment...
If you need help getting started, you can find tutorials at http://caBIG.cancer.gov, or you can reach technical support at 888-478-4423.
Interested in reading more?
Become a Member of
Receive full access to digital editions of The Scientist, as well as TS Digest, feature stories, more than 35 years of archives, and much more!
Already a member?