• Do you like working on the practical side of drug discovery? This area requires creative-minded scientists capable of innovative thought, yet capable of working in a more directed and collaborative environment.
• Are you a meticulous record keeper? Your results could become part of regulatory filings.
• Are you able to speak the language of in vitro and in vivo scientists, and clinicians? All are important in this role.
• Still scientific. Even though it's a bit more applied, the science is still the biggest part of the job, and you are relied on as the expert in your area.
• More than discovery. As a preclinical scientist, you will be more tuned into what's happening in clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory areas - exposure that discovery scientists rarely have.
• Focus on best ideas. You will...