• Do you enjoy the art of mass production? You will develop synthetic routes or bioprocessing steps for drug production.
• Can you do high-quality science, reproducibly, and under a deadline? Timelines are often tight.
• How well can you prioritize? In this job, the goal is to design a safe, quick and efficient manufacturing process.
• Tangible results. Process scientists find satisfaction in seeing their work directly translated into high-quality drugs.
• Creative work. You invent methods that may lead to patents, journal articles, or trade secrets.
• Focused, friendly science. Here, science is like a craft, with a tangible goal, and an atmosphere that is collaborative.
• Occasional long nights. Due to the processes inherent in the manufacture of drugs, you can spend nights and weekends getting the work done during deadlines.